Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Derek's Scan Results

The worst part about anything health related is the waiting. I pretty much hate it. Derek did a PET scan on Friday. The PET scan lights up the cancer and tells you how strong the cancer is in the various parts of the body. Derek has Lymphoma so it spreads quick and can be in many parts throughtout the body. Before his 1st transplant he had it in17 different areas! This time, however, Derek and I got through the weekend fine. We felt really good about the results. And boy were we right! Derek's cancer is "nearly in remission"!! In April a scan showed a bunch of different areas. This scan showed that almost all of it has been wiped out! This is great news because if the cancer had not done anything or even grew then that would be it for traditional methods. Derek would have to start trying trial chemos or other weird things. The doctor is hoping to do another transplant, this time with someone else's cells, so gear up to get tested! This transplant would then totally wipe out any left over cancer cells and gives Derek a better chance of being cured. CURED! So this time we are hoping for a transplant. Dr. Polowy could barely contain his happiness and that made it all the better. I can't believe that this could be over soon. 3 long years of cancer and it is almost gone. Heavenly Father has been incredibly kind, continually blessing us and this blessing is a big one! Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers sent our way. Keep it up because we can feel them!

6 comments:

The Gordons said...

I am in complete joy for you and Derek and Camden! This is the best news ever! You guys have been in our prayers and if there's anything we can do like donate blood or qnything like that or provide babysitting for you let me know!

Lisa said...

This is such good news!! I am soo happy to hear this for you guys!! And I will continue to pray for all of you :] love you guys!

the binghams. said...

YAY!!! you guys are best. you deserve every bit of good news. God is good. love you.

Jack said...

Yeah, all of us at OSP are very happy for you all!!!!!

babaschild said...

WOWEEEEEEE! This is just GREAT, delicious news!! Your joy is absolutely OUR joy, as well!!! The power of prayer is so mighty! We will continue to pray for you. I had something I wanted to talk to you about at church, when I sat in front of you. Can you please give me a call at your convenience? (I am still home, because I had surgery last week and am recuperating...or maybe recuperated, too!! Ricki Burleigh

Linda Guthrie said...

HOORAY!!! I worried about you all weekend, I'm so glad you got good news!