Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good!


Our little family is reunited! On Tuesday Derek came home and we are so happy to have him back. Life is indeed sweeter when I can have Derek and Camden. Derek came home a week earlier than expected and in better health than expected. The doctors said that Derek is one of the earliest people to go home after having a transplant. He looks great and feels great. If you were talking to him you would have no idea this guy just went through a torturous tour of chemo. He is so positive. He is such a wonderful example to me and to Camden. While we were at the hospital one day this week for him to get his blood tested he turned to me and said "I am so lucky, this could be so much worse." What a ridiculous thing to say I thought. This is pretty bad. But its such a wonderful insight into the humility and testimony of an awesome man. Life is sweet!

No comments: