Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day +1

Today Derek is definitely feeling the affects. He slept most of the day. I had to wake him up multiple times to make him drink water and take his medication. Since he was diagnosed and has had to stay home, he's been bothered by the fact that he can't work. Now with the transplant he can't even help out around the house and that really bothers him. I was taking out the trash and he said "Do you want me to do that?" Of course not. A trashcan is a breeding ground for bacteria, silly Derek. I think the hardest thing he has to deal with is not being able to help with the baby. I think Camden can tell that something is going on. He just likes being with mommy and daddy. This is just the beginning. It's only going to get worse from here. Derek and I always joke that after enduring everything we have in our first year of marriage, that getting divorced after this would just be silly, not that we would ever want to. As I look at Camden and his sweet face I realize more and more that I need Derek around. I'll do whatever I need to to get him better.

No comments: