Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Days+ 13,14,15


Here's our new family picture! My hair is ridiculous I'm aware, that is why I always wear it up. But my boys look precious :) Derek seems better everyday. But today (Day 15) was the final day of hair. Derek was taking a shower and he was pulling out a lot of hair but it still looked fine when it dried. But he wanted his hair to go on his terms. So my sister-in-law Caitlin came over and shaved his head. He looked like a skinhead with a shaved head and a long beard. I told him it would confuse people when they saw us together so he trimmed the beard greatly. Now he kind of looks like a cancer patient. Maybe people won't be so confused when we tell them he is getting a bone marrow transplant. We went shopping for hours today and he didn't seem tired. Its been really nice now that Derek is feeling so good. He says he feels normal. Camden got his vaccinations on Monday. Poor baby didn't know what was happening to him. He was fussy all day, I really don't think he felt well after getting those shots. He weighs almost 12 pounds! He is growing up so fast, its crazy. He smiles all the time now at us and is starting to giggle. All week I have just been working on organizing and updating everything for Primary. Its slowly coming together but there is a lot to do. Right now everything is great with us, we are just waiting for Derek to go into the hospital for his second transplant. What we are really waiting for is the news that Derek is cancer free. We can't wait for that news! We pray that it is coming soon.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

"He looked like a skinhead with a shaved head and a long beard. I told him it would confuse people when they saw us together so he trimmed the beard greatly."

This is why I love you oh so much Kaela.
I'm so glad to hear Derek is doing lots better!! Cam Cam is so cute in his little church clothes!

Ashlee G. said...

Oh Kaela I love you! I love that picture, your hair looks great-no worries! I'm so glad that Derek is doing better and I cant wait to see his new hair-do!