Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day +6 and Day +7

Yesterday (Day+6) was not very exciting and I like that. I can't wait til our lives are totally boring, that must be great. We had family home evening and talked about the temple. We wish we could go but i'm not sure Derek could sit there through the whole session, he gets tired easily. I also attempted to make cookies, which was disastrous. Derek liked them though so he gets 3 dozen cookies all to himself. Last night we woke up to Camden making some weird noises. It sounded like he was getting ready to throw up so we got ready for explosive vomiting. Derek had him sitting on his lap and just when we thought he was getting ready to throw up we heard a horrible and terrifying noise coming from his diaper and a smell to match the noise. I went to change his diaper and more noises were coming from his diaper. So we just laid him on the changing table and let him finish. What I saw when I opened the diaper was terrifying. The moral of the story is that Derek and I find bodily gasses amusing and worthy to share with everyone. Today (Day+7) I took Derek to the hospital. He got fluids and got his blood tested. His white blood cell and red blood cell count have almost reached rock bottom which means that soon enough they will come back up and Derek can recover from this transplant. His platelets are real low which means on Thursday he will probably have to get a blood transfusion. We stopped at Food City to get some groceries since our kitchen is becoming bare. Derek was going to stay in the car but at the last minute he changed his mind which was a bad idea. By the time we left he couldn't stop throwing up. I feel terrible that I let him go in and walk around with me. He doesn't need to be around that many people anyways. When we went to pick up Camden from my mother-in-law's house our sweet baby smiled when he saw us which I think made Derek feel all better. The new season of NCIS starts tonight which I have been waiting for for like a month. Perhaps it is sad that I get so jazzed up about seeing a bunch of navy cops kicking butt and solving crimes.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha I love the diaper story. Poor little Camden.
Glad to hear things are a bit better for you guys!