Friday, September 18, 2009

Day +2

Today Derek slept most of the day. He can only get out of bed for about half an hour before he has to get back into bed. He can't hold down any food. His hearing is going as well. They said that was a side affect from the last chemo he did but its becoming more apparent now. Despite being terribly tired and weak he is so optimistic. He never complains and I would think he has a right to. I on the other hand am not quite so good. Sometimes I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. Often times the Lord has to humble me in an already humbling situation. Derek is incredibly inspiring and I am grateful that he is my husband. Camden is use to a lot of attention from Derek but now Derek can not do much for or with Camden. Today I think Camden just had enough from me and was super fussy. I laid him down next to Derek so I could go make him and bottle and when I came back two minutes later he was fast asleep cuddled up next to his daddy. Sometimes mom just won't do and he needs his daddy. Maybe I could do this alone. It doesn't mean I want to.

5 comments:

Sean and Becky Larson said...

If you guys ever need ANYTHING please let me know. I am more then happy to come over and visit or watch Camden or fix a meal or clean or ANYTHING!! I love you both.

MenloveClan said...

seriously Im in tears reading this, you guys stay strong,know that heavenly father is right by your side,even though it may not seem to be that way lots of the time! you are in our thoughts and prayers,mike and I also put your names in the temple last night..lets have faith that this will come to an end soon! we love you guys! seriously call me! i live so close and have all the baby things if ya need a lil brake! dont be afraid to ask! id feel so honored to help in anyway!

bubblesdoeshann said...

You're never alone... there is so many of us here to help!!!!
Love you so much!!!

Lisa said...

Aw Kaela! By the way this post and the last one were I think I'm going to start crying every time I read your blog soon. Not just because of everything you guys are dealing with but also because you guys are SO amazing!!! Seriously you are some of the best examples in my life. You guys stay so positive and have really taught me that even when I really do have something to complain about (which I rarely do), I still shouldn't. I am so proud to be your friend!!

the binghams. said...

i love you- you're the best.
you had me shedding many, many tears.
I wish i could be closer so i could be of some help