Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day +16

Well folks the news is in. Derek will be going into the hospital on October 12th which is the day after our anniversary. They wanted to bring him in either the end of next week or the beginning of the week after and Derek persuaded them that October 12th was ideal. We really don't want to spend our first wedding anniversary in a hospital, even though that sounds wildly romantic. General Conference is coming up and we are excited. Conference has happened at the most perfect times to give us that spiritual boost for what is ahead. Last year it happened right after we found out Derek had cancer and right before we got married. This year it is right before the big transplant. God has planned it perfect. Well, he usually does. I was talking to Derek today about how I know everything is going to be okay. I feel that there is something different, something special about Derek, and i'm not just saying that because he is my husband. He was meant for something big in this life and I feel lucky to be able to help him towards that. I thought I would be dreading the day he has to go into the hospital but now I am looking forward to it because I know it is what he needs to do. I am weak. But sometimes I forget my own strength. It won't be easy with him in the hospital for a few weeks but Camden and I will deal. We have a lot of great people supporting us. That love is what we need to get through.

2 comments:

Terry and Heather said...

You are so strong and an amazing wife/mother and a daughter of our Heavenly Father. I wish I lived closer so that I could spend time with you and gain some of your strength.

we love you.

Heather Lee

Jeremy and Cami said...

I am so glad I found your blog. I have been wanting to see your cutie that you had and have been wondering how Derek has been doing. We will keep you guys in our prays, but it looks like you handling things.