Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day -2 and -1


The last chemo ever! Well that is what we are hoping. On saturday Derek got chemo for the last time. He was HORRIBLY sick. And not only sick he was in alot of pain. He got so much pain medication but not much was working. He is a trooper though. And have you ever seen anyone so studly getting chemo? Today he is still really really sick and hasn't been able to keep any food down. Tomorrow they will start giving him nutrition through a line. Tomorrow he also gets his cells back which was the worst part for him last time. I am preparing myself for the cream of corn smell, ew. I miss him terribly when I am away from the hospital. And I miss Camden when I am at the hospital. Its no fun no matter where I am. I can't wait for Derek to come home with his family where he belongs. I went to the temple on friday and really felt good afterwards. Its amazing how much peace the temple brings. I can't wait til Derek and I can go together again. Life is crazy hectic. Its comforting to know that this craziness eventually has an end with a happy ending, a happy and healthy family.

3 comments:

the binghams. said...

its like i have to mentally prepare myself to not cry when i read your blog. i love it. i love you, you really inspire me (you too derek!)

The Beachs said...

I love you too! I'm sorry I make people cry. Give it time and my blog will be just about how boring our lives are and how we love it.

Christina Beach said...

You are such a sweet couple. I am grateful to be able to read about your experiences and see your enduring faith. You truly are great and I admire you both. Hope Derek gets to come home soon and happy to see that the chemo is over!!! Our prayers are with your family. Love, Conan and Chrissy